|Title:||Heavy Duty Diesel Equipment Mechanic|
This position is located at and based out of our clean and state of the art repair shop adjacent to our Schoharie stone quarry on Route 30, Middleburgh. This shop is complete with it's own parts department on staff, as well as associated support staff. This is truly a great opportunity to join a well respected company in the region.
Competitive pay based on knowledge and experience. Benefits include health insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, life insurance, and voluntary benefits such as dental, vision, voluntary life, and AFLAC. 401k with company match up to 4 percent.
See below for required minimum qualifications and essential duties.
Must have own tools and reliable transportation.
To Apply, respond to this ad using the following link:
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
* Ability to work independently and as a team member.
* Ability to employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas.
* Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions on memos, letters and various documents.
* Ability to perform the essential job functions.
* Regular and predictable attendance.
* Knowledge and skills necessary to perform maintenance and repairs on heavy equipment
* Must have a full set of tools.
* Must have a current valid driver's license, preferably a CDL
* 3 years verifiable Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic experience, or equivalent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs Front Line Mechanic inspections and preventive maintenance on both diesel and gasoline equipment and trucks as per policies and procedures.
* Performs mechanical and electrical repairs as per policies and procedures.
* Responds to equipment breakdowns in the field when requested.
* Assists other Mechanics as needed.
* Operates company vehicles in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
* Completes all required paperwork neatly, correctly and on time.
* Attend all mandatory training and/or meetings
* Required to respond in an emergency situation if called.
* Performs all other duties as requested by Shop Supervisor.
Carver Companies does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients